LONG HILL POLICE DEPARTMENT
IN ANY EMERGENCY CALL 911
Long Hill Township Police Department
264 Mercer Street
Stirling, N.J. 07980
Non-Emergency Telephone: 908-647-1800
click for phone extensions directory
Click here to like us on FACEBOOK
To the residents of Long Hill Township,
As the holidays arrive, I wanted to remind our residents of some precautions to take during this holiday season:
- When decorating for the holidays, don’t overload electrical outlets.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- If someone can’t be home to receive package deliveries, ship to a work address or have a neighbor remove them from your porch and keep them for you.
- Always lock your residence and vehicle doors.
- Going away? Add your house to the VACANT HOUSE CHECK list.
- Leave interior lights, a TV and/or a radio on when away from home.
- Activate your residential alarm system (If installed), when you leave the residence.
- Lock your garage door leading into your residence.
- Stop your mail/newspaper or arrange for a neighbor to pick it up while you’re out of town.
- Do not leave phones, purses, packages or other items of value in plain sight or unattended in a car. While locking items in a trunk helps, it is a good idea to do so before arriving at your destination.
- Verify a charity before donating
- Report suspicious vehicles or persons
- As always, call 9-1-1 for any emergency.
On behalf of the entire staff of the Long Hill Township Police Department, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season and a Happy New Year!
Chief Michael Mazzeo
In 1985, the Long Hill Township Police Department was the FIRST police department in New Jersey to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). The Long Hill Township Police Department has maintained its National Accreditation status by CALEA. The Long Hill Township Police Department has always strived to maintain a level of superior law enforcement professionalism and dedication to duty and service. We believe participation in this process will help us to better serve our community and the public.
Patch Collectors: We invite you to visit our Patch History Page and print copies, if you wish.
But we are unable to honor requests for patches from collectors.
On The Web